Brussel sprouts, you either love 'em or hate 'em; this recipe is all about the love. Brussel sprouts are both healthy and delicious, so the next time you end up with some brussel sprouts staring you in the face, smile, because you are minutes away from the time of your life.
The variety of cheese and the vinegar in this recipe can be easily changed to created completely different flavours.
- 1 lb Local brussel sprouts, easy to find at this time of the year.
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1 Medium onion, you choose the variety
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano – or switch with any cheese you like
- 4 Tbs Balsamic vinegar – or any flavoured vinegar you like (I used apple cider in this one :0 )
- 2 Tbs Local unpasteurized honey
1. Blanch the Brussel sprouts in boiling water for about 3 min.
2. Slice onion into rings and sauté in butter until translucent (~6 min.) in a frying pan.
2. Slice the Brussel Sprouts and sauté with the onions in the frying pan until they begin to brown and stick to the pan.
3. Deglaze the frying pan with the vinegar and let most of the liquid cook off.
4. Add the cheese and honey, and serve immediately!
Eat them. All!
Brussel sprouts have amazing health benefits:
- cancer prevention
- high in vitamins A, C, K
- high in omega-3 fatty acids